Saturday, December 25, 2010

I'm gonna pedal

I'm gonna pedal - sometimes my body needs to scream out the toxcins of full length sweaters and coats, of boots and thermal socks, of furnace heated air ! I'm gonna pedal

I'm gonna sweat - and feel the prickly sensation on my back as my skin heats and cools instantly and simultaneously and a smile replaces thought. I'm gonna sweat

I'm gonna burn - both of my lungs with every gasp of labored air I'll struggle to breathe, like a goldfish laying on the coffee table after the bowl was tipped over and though I open my mouth and pull up my shoulders hard I feel nothing in my chest and cold air dries the back of my throat. I'm gonna burn

I'm gonna hurt - as I push not to stand in the saddle, that hill will not humiliate me by making me walk the summit my knees will pulse, my quads will quit, my back will spasm and my arms will not hold me up but I will not stand in the pedals for this climb. I'm gonna hurt

I'm gonna smile - as I sit in front of 7-11, in the sun, trying not to chill I'll eat my Tiger Milk and drink my water and when I feel that my body is just getting comfortable I'll know it's time to head back, through the pain through the hills through the pace and I know I'm gonna hurt and sweat and curse and gasp..., and I'm gonna smile.

I'm gonna pedal
12/25/10, 58 degrees, sunny skies

No comments:

Post a Comment